Wednesday 22 February 2012

How to beat current Egg Packaging?

Brief:
Design a new egg packaging which will be so successful as current one. Is it possible?

Considerations:

  • egg – very delicate, cheap product
  • package has to be cheap
  • materials as cardboard, foam, recycled paper etc.
  • the package has to protect eggs
  • minimum number of eggs in package – 4
  • easy to cary, store, and transport
There are many new packages for eggs but manufactures
still use the same one. There is no so safe, so cheap
and so good packaging than the current one.
Is there better way to create a better one?
















I decided to use corrugated cardboard – it's cheap, quite protective

 This package you can fold while carrying. 
Folding provides additional protection.
This packaging is also easy to store and transport
– hanging it one by one.













Horizontal approach is also functional. Folding the package provides additional protection as well and it creates easy to cary tube.

 
 This project showed how functional can be just corrugated cardboard. I came up with my designs quite quickly.Then I started to think how make it more functional. I considered carrying and egg protection. I measured space between eggs to make the best resistance for my packaging. I considered also storage and transport. My egg packaging is easy to store or transport – it can be just hang on some kind of wire or thin pipe. Storing packaging one by one gives additional protection for eggs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment